We have a little squirrel resident! I LOVE animals. I don't understand how people can look at squirrels and want to shoot them. They look so soft and cute and cuddly. I want to just roll one up into a ball and put it in my pocket. :)
Anyway, he is so cute. He's brownish-red with a white tummy. I put out corn pops cereal for him the other day...he ate all of that. Twice. So today I broke up some wheat bread into little pieces and put them outside with a little bowl of water. I hope he comes back. The kids love him. :) Jaycen calls him a 'kitty' and Brooke calls him a 'tiny, tiny baby skwod' (that's her word for squirrel).
The kids just came out of their room. They played in there for a while. :) They ended up coming out all dressed up...Brooke wearing their yellow plastic Duplos box on her head and Jaycen wearing a white plastic basket on his. He also had light-up shoes on his feet...on the wrong feet, mind you...with the heels tucked under and the velcro straps all askew. :) They're such cute shoes. They're for girls, but the kids love them. They're white with butterflies and little red lights that sparkle when you walk. They don't fit Brooke, but Jaycen loves playing with them. So he came out of the room, plopping his little feet, and sparkling all the way down the hall. :)
Oh, and Brooke says she's 'Bumblebee' and Jaycen is 'StarScream'. Did I mention that they love Transformers? ;)
Well...it's lunchtime and the kids are watching Neverending Story and my dad and Jake are coming over to visit for my birthday (which was yesterday)...so I will talk to you again soon!
(hugs)
Monday, June 25, 2007
Tiny, Tiny Baby Squirrel
Posted by Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins at 12:20 PM






