Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer’s End and Homeschool

8-11-2009-silly-hats 
Where did the summer go? I remember being somewhere around July, and now August is ticking by! What does that mean for us? Well, this will be Brooke’s first scheduled homeschooling year…in other words, I’m going to be printing out curriculum and book lists pretty soon. I’m excited and freaking myself out about it at the same time. I’m doing my best to calm my nerves. I am not going to be strict about it. We’re not going to have ‘school time’ or whiteboards or textbooks. It’s going to be a learning adventure, and we’re going to all learn together through classical literature and nature, art, and music study. I am looking forward to it. *smile*

8-11-2009-bananna-phones 
Brooke and Jaycen are so creative!
This morning without a word they picked up bananas
and played telephone together as I made breakfast.

Brooke’s birthday is coming up. We’re also planning on going to a fair and/or the zoo sometime in the next month or two, and maybe catching another movie at the ‘big movies’ (Jaycen’s description) together before the summer ends.

8-11-2009-jaycen-leapster
Jaycen playing a math game on his Leapster.

Jaycen is cruising along with all of us. He’s so independent and yet such a cuddle bug when he needs it. I want to include him with everything we do this school year. Even though he might not understand everything I read, he loves to snuggle up when I read out loud to him and Brooke!

…and of course, I love it too.

0 comments: