I know I haven’t written for a long time…I’ve been really busy and this past week it was pretty hot and humid. Hopefully I’ll be able to get back into the swing of things, though. I’ve missed blogging!
Jaycen’s birthday was on the 16th. It was so much fun. We gave him some of his presents early…Moonsand, a transforming Star Wars Ship and Star Wars ‘Droideka’ robot. He also got a Spongebob mylar balloon, a sun-shaped birthday cake and Grandpa came over…so did Grandma! She gave him a huge sticker book. He’s been working on matching the stickers with the pictures every day ever since. I help him with that. *wink*
Daddy ordered a very special present for Jaycen…a replica Texas Longhorns football uniform. It was the cutest thing ever. It even came with tiny shoulder pads! Jaycen was so excited. He wore his helmet almost non-stop for two days.
Of course we all got some football time outside. Jaycen and daddy couldn’t get enough of it. Jaycen looked like a mini football player! Now Brooke wants a Texas cheerleader outfit. I think I’m going to be making most of the outfit for her, but we’ll see how it goes. :)
As for other things…I’m now designing cute clip art and stamps for MyGraficO.com, which excites me because it gets the kids excited about art and creativity. I also used some recent commission funds to get the kids some fun things…a Lite Brite, a ‘music in a box’ playset, and lots of crafty things like pompoms, wiggly eyes, and pipe cleaners. We’ve all had a lot of fun playing and creating. As for daddy…mommy bought him a super soft Longhorns blanket and the ‘Forever Strong’ movie. If you haven’t seen that movie, you should. It’s incredible. Makes me cry.
One more thing…
Yes. That’s an Imperial Walker from Star Wars…made entirely of masking tape, index cards, and pipe cleaners. Jaycen handed me a handful of fuzzy pipe cleaners during one of our recent hot days and begged me to make a walker for him…so I improvised. I even made a small Snow Speeder with a little attached pompom ‘bomb’ to go with it. Needless to say as proud as we both were of the creations, the walker was severely crippled due to loss of legs before dinner time, and the snow speeder lost the battle against the Empire after being squashed by four-year-old hands. But it was sure fun to make. Jaycen’s smile was definitely worth it.
That’s it for now…see you next time! *hugs*







0 comments:
Post a Comment