(Be warned, since I’m a bit behind with our blogs, this one has lots of pictures! *smile*)
We’re going to see the new Transformers movie tomorrow. Jaycen’s love for Autobots has never dwindled since the first movie came out. He especially loves using soda boxes as robot arms and legs.
He also loves super heroes and villains. One of his favorites (along with Wolverine and Iron Man) is Batman. In fact, here he is in his not-so-secret bat cave.
Brooke has been watching me drawing like crazy in Paint Shop Pro, and so she requested that I install it on their computer so she could use it too. And she does. She’s a fast learner.
With Grandpa’s help, we now have a trough with soil and carrot seeds. It was so much fun planting them. They should start sprouting next week!
One of our indoor activities recently was using some butcher paper and tracing the kids on it, and then having them draw what they think the inside of their body looks like. It was sure a learning experience, and the end results were adorable.
They have had some outdoor time too. Jaycen always asks for a drink. I’ve started to let them use a water jug. Jaycen mostly uses it to spray on everything.
We found some cherries! Somehow we missed them last year. Apparently one of the cherry trees in our yard actually grows cherries. The others are just for show. The birds have been getting into the cherries on the ground. They aren’t ripe yet. I hope to be able to pick some soon!
Brooke requested that I cut her hair. She had been asking for it for a long time. It actually turned out really cute. It’s bobbed just at her shoulders, and naturally flips out and under. Apparently she misunderstood how fast hair grows back, though. Initially she kept telling me “It’s just hair, mom. It will grow back!” And then after I cut it, she came out of the bathroom with wet hair. “I’m trying to give it water so it will grow.”
Father’s day was relaxing. The kids made daddy some art (Brooke made hers in PSP and embellished it with glitter yarn, and Jaycen made his with glue, yarn, and cut paper). Then daddy grilled some marinated steaks in his new 72” George Foreman grill. I was proud to buy it for him with my art commission funds. He had a lot of fun with it. *smile*
I hope everyone had a wonderful Father’s Day, and we’ll see you next time!







0 comments:
Post a Comment