Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Still Alive

Even though is has been quite a while since I’ve posted, I wanted to let you know that we’re all here.  It has been a difficult few months. My father passed away on November 16th. We’ve all been holding together as a family. His service was lovely. He was given a military salute. I was presented the flag in his honor. It was an incredibly emotional and unforgettable experience. I miss him dearly. I am very proud that I moved up here to rekindle my relationship with him. He changed my life and left an amazing legacy that I hope to follow.

DSC02322_2

DSC02349_2

I am still posting on Facebook and Twitter as I can, to lightly keep in touch and keep everyone updated on what I’m up to. I have to keep moving forward though sometimes I feel I am leaving dad’s memory behind me. I’ve been doing more artwork—it has actually been a huge focus of mine ever since dad passed. He called me his ‘little artiste’. *smile*

Love you all. Treasure your family and your friends. Do everything you can each day to be the best you can, and if you fail, try again tomorrow. Life is too short to hang on to yesterday.

*hugs and love*

Melissa

3 comments:

jenallyson said...

I'm glad that you are doing artwork, I'm sure that would make your dad happy. Having that flag is probably a wonderful keepsake for you. You can never leave his memory behind. He's always there with you, a part of you. I am glad that the funeral was so moving. Thank you for sharing these photos.

((hugs))
Jen

chrisy said...

Prayers of comfort for you and your family in your loss.

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing!!!!