Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting into the habit

what-are-we-doing-today

To get back into the habit of writing in our family blog, I am making another random post today! I got the image above from Shabby Blogs (I LOVE that place) and I added my own text. I think it will be a fun little way to prompt a quick entry for days when I am not sure what to talk about!

Here’s what we’re up to today at the Jenkins home:

  • Listening to Tchaikovsky’s ‘Romeo & Juliet’**
  • Took the kids out for a bike ride in the parking lot
  • Watched some Looney Tunes (gotta love Pepe Le Pew!)
  • Daddy stopped by the house and fixed Jaycen’s bike pedal
  • Had pot pies for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner tonight
  • Read through the K & 1st manuals for the kids’ new curriculum and planned some more (‘My Father’s World’)
  • Folded a bit of laundry from our Mt. Everest pile
  • Saw Starlings at the feeder this morning
  • Jaycen is playing with Legos and making sound effects as I type this, and Brooke is playing outside…she loves climbing trees!

(**I had no idea that the famous love song came from this! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you need to listen to it.)

I also hope to read ‘Make Way for Ducklings’ and ‘Mouse in the House’ to the kids before daddy comes home – or maybe tonight after dinner. I keep forgetting! Oh, and I think it would be fun to have another game night tonight too. Maybe Lego’s ‘Pirate Plank’ game. Their games are so much fun!

Anyway I hope your Monday is turning out well!

(hugs)

0 comments: