I have so many things going on all at once in my life. In church today, there was a talk about how we tend to load up our schedules…that people feel like they are valued based on how big their ‘to do’ list is. Everyone has to have tons of projects and be super-human! Right? No. And believing this can actually lead to unhappiness.
I have a hard time trying to convince myself that it is okay to not have a million projects going. Right now I have new homeschooling curriculum starting up on Thursday, and it’s well planned out but still a lot to chew. I also have my art business, our cats, various projects I would like to work on…here’s just a few:
- Finish cleaning & organizing my stamp collection
- Get our house de-cluttered
- Put together photo albums
- Finish crochet/sewing/knitting projects
- Work on genealogy indexing
- Design new art every week for my art business
- Homeschooling (that is a never-ending task!)
- Work on paper crafts
- Write letters to family and friends
- Make an afghan…
The list goes on and on. Most of these projects are huge and never-ending. Do you have endless lists for yourself? Maybe we should all step back and look at what matters most, take a deep breath, and just do what we can instead of burdening ourselves!
It’s definitely something I have to learn myself – not only for me but for the good of my husband, our children, and yes…our cats. ;-)
I hope you all had a lovely weekend! Here’s hoping I can get to the hundreds of belated pictures on our camera…yet another project, right?








0 comments:
Post a Comment