Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Family Fun & A Miracle

kids-and-pet-collars
Our kids have been spending a lot of time playing make-believe and printing out fun crafts off of their favorite websites. I’ve been continuing trying to keep the TV off as much as possible, though sometimes it’s just a good way to wind down.

I’ve begun to feel more confident about homeschooling…and though we’re not formally doing it yet (though I think we finally came up with a name for our home school!), I try to incorporate learning into everything we do, and to let the kids explore and play. We’ve also been going outside a lot more, even though it’s raining again today. Bring back the sun! *smile*

Now before I close this post, I’d like to pass along the miracle I heard about this morning.

car-crash-miracle
Our Uncle Clair and Aunt Nancy would currently be in the hospital…or worse…had the tire smashed into their car just a few inches higher than it did. Here’s a brief description of what happened, snipped from Uncle Clair’s wall on Facebook:

“Do you believe in miracles? We had one tonight. A guy lost two wheels off of his trailer coming towards us doing 60 and we were doing 60 and my Escalade sucked the tire. Lucky for us, a few inches higher for the tire and we both wouldn't be here. He had just gotten all new tires at Les Schwab a couple of hours earlier. We were on our way home from Chelan on a mountain pass near Cle Elum, WA. You just never know”

I believe in miracles. They happen every day. There is no such thing as luck…there’s faith and God. He’s always watching out for us.

So be thankful for your family, your friends, and the little things that happen each day, because there’s miracles everywhere you look, and as Clair said…you just never know what could happen!

*hugs*

0 comments: