Caterpillars are everywhere. They especially like crawling up the backside of our apartment complex, so the kids and I have been back there a few times to see where they move to and if there are any cocoons. It’s a lot of fun.
We went to Jared’s niece’s baptism on Saturday. It was a double baptism so there were a lot of people there. It was fun though…it made me cry, and it was the first time the kids really got to see someone being baptized. They also got some cake at the end. I think that was their favorite part. *wink*
On Friday (yes, I’m going backwards!) we bought the kids some ‘lightsabers’ (aka: glowsticks) from Blockbuster for 49 cents. The kids LOVED them. We lit them up with dinner time as we popped ‘The Empire Strikes Back’ into the DVD player. That’s Jaycen’s favorite Star Wars movie. He’s obsessed with the Imperial Walkers.
On Monday—Memorial Day—mommy and daddy went with Grandpa and Great Grandpa to see the new Star Trek movie at the Cinerama in Seattle. It’s my favorite theater. It’s older, and it has a curved screen behind a curtain, ‘stars’ on the ceiling, and a balcony. We sat in the balcony. I always forget I’m afraid of heights.
When we got back to Aunt Cindy’s house to pick up Brooke and Jaycen, we were given a leap pad. It was older, and we were told it wasn’t working, but I was determined to fix it. Sure enough, the battery compartment had battery acid in it. Apparently if you mix baking soda with water to make a paste and use an old tooth brush to scrub it out, it will work again. The trick is to let it totally dry and then use toothpicks and compressed air to blow it out. But it works, and the kids LOVE it. Thanks, Cindy!
Remember the Walkers? Here’s one. I drew it for Jaycen today, complete with snow, a Speeder with a bomb, and the Death Star. Jaycen then blew it up by covering it with yellow chalk. It was cute. We all played outside for about 2 hours this morning. Gorgeous day. *smile*
That’s it for now, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! See you next time. (hugs)







0 comments:
Post a Comment