This is a crown that Jaycen made and cut out (with mommy’s help). He spelled his name on his own, in his own way. He was so excited.
The kids discovered the printer. Daddy is concerned, mommy is thrilled. Mommy just has to be quick enough to set the quality to ‘draft’ before tiny fingers hit the ‘print’ button…just so the ink isn’t gone in a day. It’s so much fun to see them creating things on their little Nick Jr and PBS websites and then making it ‘real’.
Brooke’s crown. She created it and cut it out on her own. She also typed out her name without mommy’s help. Meanwhile, Jaycen is in the background pretending to be ‘Cyclops’ from the X-Men (though Wolverine is his favorite)…
Check out that pink ground cover!
We got some more sunshine today. I originally wasn’t too thrilled about going outside (I’m a hermit, doncha’know), but the hybrid Cherry Blossom trees in our yard bloomed big time over the past week or so, and the winds over the weekend (and today) were scattering the petals down like pink snow. I just couldn’t resist playing in it. We saw 5 fuzzy orange caterpillars crawling around…it’s that time of year again!
Earlier today I spent time putting together a housekeeping card file. What you do is you list out your cleaning tasks and schedules by day, week, month, and seasonal, and then you put them on index cards by color to sort them out, and plop them behind some weekly/monthly dividers in an index card box. It seems very flexible, as you just move the cards around as needed. I’m excited to rotate through mine once I’m done with it. It’s a work in progress. I don’t have colored cards yet, but I’ve been having fun using some colored stickers. The kids love the stickers too.
That’s it for now! I hope you all have a great week. *hugs*







0 comments:
Post a Comment