There are lots of updates today…mostly fun little pictures…enjoy!
Happy Bunny Day! I know I am a few days late in saying it, but I couldn’t resist. This year was a lot of fun, as both kids understood that Easter was coming. The Easter Bunny left them peanut butter eggs, chocolate rabbits, big super-soft bunnies and play-doh playsets (boy what awesome gifts!).
Brooke making ‘ice cream’ with her new Play-doh set.
Jaycen got a spaghetti-maker Play-doh set, but he only seems to enjoy making spaghetti so he can destroy it and break it into a thousand pieces. *wink*
Oh, and there were twelve mysterious dinosaur-themed plastic eggs hiding in the family room. I wonder who left those?
Last week we found a ladybug in our house on our patio door. I carefully put it outside on my flowers, and Brooke wanted to watch the ladybug.
Brooke was a little afraid of the ladybug, but I kept reassuring her that ladybugs are gentle and never bite. She watched the ladybug crawl all over the flowers, and even got to see it cleaning its tiny face and wings. How fun!
Brooke disappeared into the bathroom and got really quiet. Uh-oh, what was she doing? She came back out with a pink face and I asked her what she did. She said she was trying to wash my ‘face crayon’ off. I knew what she wanted so I took her back into the bathroom and gave her my ‘face crayon’ (aka: my eyebrow pencil) and told her she could go ahead and make herself into an animal. She became a tiger only minutes later, complete with stripes all down her arms! She was proud.
Jaycen on the other hand was happy that we treated them to ‘Lunchables’ and put his lunchable box on his head and a big smile on his face.
Grandpa was his creative self and brought over a huge roll of brown packaging paper and a small box of erasable colored pencils. It was perfect and the kids loved it. They spent all morning drawing.
We had some days of sunshine mixed with lots of rain and clouds, and the temperature here has been crazy…anywhere from the high 60’s to 35 degrees! One of the goodies that grandpa also gifted the kids with was a bucket of sidewalk chalk, and we waited for a sunny day to play with it. That day finally came and the kids went nuts all up and down the sidewalk.
The kids finally got to play ‘real’ hopscotch. They had a lot of fun with that. Of course the rain washed it all away in the next day or so, but we hope to have fun with the chalk again soon!
(Here's a little video of Jaycen trying to play hopscotch. Enjoy!)
Have a great week everyone, and we'll see you again soon. *hugs*







0 comments:
Post a Comment