Brooke and Jaycen played outside for quite a while today. They ran around with one of the little neighbor kids while I decided to give my first shot at drying laundry in the sun. I’ve been eyeing our upstairs neighbor and how charming it is to see her put laundry out to dry over their balcony railing.
I hope to do this more often. I love doing old-fashioned things, there’s a real charm to it.
The kids also got to visit with ‘Martin’, everyone’s favorite dog here at the complex…and Martin’s owner brought out a play parachute AND two tiny hermit crabs for them to look at.
The shells were cute, too. One was painted like giraffe spots and the other with a little skull and crossbones. How cute is that? Unfortunately the neighbor boy scared the crabs by throwing them back into their tank, so we didn’t get to see them emerge. But the kids did get to see their tiny claws tucked inside their shells.
Yesterday we watched the old Christopher Reeve ‘Superman’ movie. Superman was my favorite hero as a child, and I hadn’t seen it in forever. So it brought back memories and created new ones for the kids (first time seeing it). It was fun.
Last night, Jaycen couldn’t go to sleep. At one point around midnight he started saying he was scared because ‘the reds won’t go away’. We had NO idea what he was talking about. Finally after watching him trying to snatch the ‘Reds’ out of the air, I remembered I had told him to look at his nightlight to help him go to sleep. Apparently, he stared at it forever and it imprinted onto his retina. Whoops.
Silly mommy.
That’s it for now, see you next time. *wink*







0 comments:
Post a Comment