Thankfully, our family is finally on the mend from being sick. I hope things keep looking up health-wise with Spring in the air. I love springtime!
Brooke has been drawing more and more.
Her little drawings have a lot of personality!
We had weeks of rain and two nights of snow, but on Friday and over the weekend (and today so far!) we’ve had gorgeous sunshine-filled days with cool Spring air. It’s lovely. I can’t wait for our trees to really bloom.
Jared bought me a pot of flowers—mini daffodils and primroses—for our patio. I really love them.
I painted Brooke’s fingernails and helped her with some sparkly decal ‘tattoos’. They had to be painted over so that they’d stay on, but she still loved them.
We’ve been trying to seriously cut back on TV-watching, so the kids have been getting creative with their playtime. Brooke put on a ‘movie show’ for us in their bedroom with a blanket and a flashlight. She set it up all by herself. She and Jaycen took turns telling stories behind the blanket.
Even though we’ve cut back on TV, we still have family movie nights over the weekend. I try to make a tradition of it with popcorn and pajamas. The kids got to watch the popcorn popping on Friday. Jaycen loved it.
(Warning: This video contains a rather high-speed crash. *wink*)
Friday was our first day of real sunshine in a couple weeks, so even though mommy was still feeling pretty yucky, we decided to go outside and play. The kids played with their bikes and some neighbor kids came out and joined in the fun. Brooke got to play tag, kickball and hopscotch with the neighbor girl.
On Saturday we went to a new park with lots of squirrels and trees. We got to walk through a thick wooded area on the way back to our car. The kids howled like wolves the whole way. We really want to go back to that park again.
We also went to Staples with a gift card and picked up big activity books and learning things for the kids like letter tiles and a US map with stickers. We also took the kids on their first trip to the Library. They were more interested in the puzzles and puppet theatre there, but mommy picked out an armful of books for them (including a handful of little Beatrix Potter books) and we’ve been diving into them ever since. We all love it.
We’re still planning on going to the Zoo, but that keeps getting pushed back. Everything happens for a reason though, so I'm keeping faith. I am also hoping for a trip or two to the beach and local civic center to take the kids swimming this summer. I’m excited!
That’s it for now, have a great Monday and wonderful week. :)







1 comments:
It sounds like you all are doing a lot of great things! I really like Brooke's picture. So cute!
Post a Comment