
Brooke wanted to join in my picture-taking fun this morning and snapped a shot of me talking on the phone with daddy. Truth be told, this is how I usually look. No makeup. My face decided to rebel against it after I started having kids. After years of wearing TONS of it, I'm still getting used to going out into the world without it on my face. Silly me!

The kids wanted to play with musical cups this morning after watching one of their shows, so I filled glasses of water and gave them spoons. Of course as with most of their activities, it ended up being Star Wars themed and they started singing Darth Vaders imperial march. They're not Star Wars fans at all. *wink*

Brooke got a new Zoobooks magazine in the mail and saw pictures of tigers. They're not new to her at all...both of our kids know a lot about animals (thanks to mommy's obsession with them!), but she got an idea from the magazine to make finger puppets. So I helped cut some out, and she drew the faces. One boy and one girl.

She started asking for whiskers too, so I dug through my very skimpy supply of makeup and drew whiskers and a nose on her. I drew one on myself too. As I knew I would, I forgot I had them on my face when daddy came home from work. He laughed.

This morning Brooke disappeared into the bathroom and came out with her own version of a tiger face. She even included stripes!
My mission: to make Jaycen smile more often. He gets angry really quickly sometimes. I think he's just a really smart kid with lots to say and he doesn't know how to get it out completely yet...in words or actions. When he gets grumpy though, a good tickle always sneaks his smile back out!
A few other things we did over the past day or so...we got more GoGurt at the store. We watched the original Dr. Doolittle movie yesterday--yes, the one with Rex Harrison (I LOVE THAT ONE). The kids loved the 'push-me-pull-you' two-headed llama. Jaycen loved the skunks. Today Brooke has a circus made out of folding chairs and her giant stuffed tiger. Jaycen is making a mess on the couch. As with every day, he's begging to play Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones on the xbox. He's just like his daddy. *wink*
Ah, fun times! See you again soon!










2 comments:
I love this entry! It really is a little slice of heaven. I think you look great without makeup - of course you do have those magically disappearing eyebrows. Hehe I remember you filling them in all the time in HS.
You're dragon is soooo precious. look at you go!
Magically disappearing eyebrows...lol, love 'ya Jen. ;)
Post a Comment