Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Crafts, Learning & Daddy Legs

It’s March…did you wear GREEN yesterday? I think the leprechauns found our house and decided to play tricks on us. We got a weekend full of snow! It’s all melted now, but it was sure fun to see the huge flakes three months into the new year.

2009-03-16 006

The kids made some computer print-outs this week of paper lanterns. They both designed and colored them on the computer, and cut them out themselves. They were so proud…and so were we!

2009-03-16 007

2009-03-16 010

Another crazy Jaycen face!

Jaycen has been learning at rocket speeds to keep up with his sister. He counts along with her at night in Spanish and French (though he would rather play under the bunk bed) and helps name the planet models hanging from their ceiling. They memorized them faster than mommy ever did! We’re both so proud of them. Brooke is still learning to perfect her handwriting, but she’s learning to spell…before learning to read, mind you. But she’ll get there. She and Jaycen are both bright, happy little munchkins. *smile*

Speaking of happy…here’s a little video of Jaycen getting a ride on daddy’s legs. Nothing beats daddy’s amusement-park limbs!

I hope you have a great week...see you next time!

2 comments:

Crissylady said...

Aw you guys are all so happy! I'm quite jealous. :-) I love your Blog, Melissa and it was so fun to chat the other day! Love you! HUGS

Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins said...

Aw, I'm glad you like our blog. :) Thanks for the compliments..and I loved chatting with you too! I hope we can do it LOTS more. LOVE YOU TOO! (HUGS)