
I finally caved and took pictures of myself today. This particular one was the first one in a long time that I actually like. Not completely, mind you, but it was worth getting in pictures with the kids. They deserve it. No more self-consciousness! Okay, well maybe a little. But I'm getting better. *smile* Yay!

Just before I decided to snap some photos of all of us, I slipped on a headband. Of course, Brooke wanted one too. Then Jaycen wandered in. I couldn't help but put one on him as well when he asked to join in, but as you can see, Brooke disapproves. Boys do NOT wear fashion accessories, mom. (Those are Gogurts in their hands. They have apparently given up their yogurt-hating ways, and are now official Gogurt addicts. Spongebob Gogurt, I might add.)

After all the picture-taking, the kids sat down and played with their beans. Some kids play with army toys and barbie dolls (which they have)...ours play with beans. I got them into it by teaching them to count with them, and we grew a couple bean plants (these things are alien, I swear...they grow insanely fast). Now they can't resist shovelling them in and out of various containers with spoons. It's so fun to watch. This time they were pretending to grow flowers. Initially they dumped all of them into Brooke's toy horse carrier. Poor horse. No eviction notice or anything.
Today was a fun day overall. I'm going to call it a night a bit earlier tonight, but before I go I wanted to share some closing thoughts on motherhood.
Motherhood is:
* Always being there, even when you're too tired to be.
* Nurturing, comforting, and patching up when you need it just as much.
* Cooking when you're out of food
* Cleaning when you're out of energy
* Teaching when your brain is jumbled
* Smiling when you want to cry
Motherhood is being there forever, as a foundation, protector, and angel to your children, no matter how weak you feel inside. Because being a mother to your special little ones is being something that no one else can be. That is a blessing, and a gift from heaven.
Have a blessed Sunday night, everyone. Here's wishing you a beautiful week, from our family to yours!








1 comments:
Can I just say I am SUPER proud of you for being one of those people that is willing to have their picture taken even if they might not necessarily like the results?! I think it's important, especially when you have a family, to be ok with pictures. Otherwise you're looking back years later, and your kids are all, Mom where were you? Believe me, I'm speaking from experience! Haha! :-) You're so awesome!
Post a Comment