I guess worried doesn't really describe it, as I know things will get better and there will always be more chances, but there are two things that are on my mind...
1) I hope Brooke's cough goes away soon. Just as it gets better, it gets worse. Thank goodness it's only at nighttime now, and it doesn't sound like a fog horn or anything awful like that. But it keeps her up too much and I know it's got to be miserable for her. She's never gone through so much medicine. We know it will get better though, because it is slowly improving. Very slowly. But keyword: improving.
2) I really hope we have decent weather on Saturday so we can make another attempt at taking the kids to the zoo. I wouldn't be so concerned about it if Brooke's cough wasn't existent, but even so wetness up here can get pretty cold if you're out in it long enough. All of that aside though...I don't like breaking promises to the kids. Jared and I both know we will take them as soon as we can, but extending it really breaks the kids' hearts.
...to end this post on a good note, I've been inspired by Crissy at her Crissyland blog (I've got her linked in my right bar! *wink*), and her recent blog about the things she's grateful for. I used to keep a little gratefulness journal and wrote in it each day about things I was truly grateful for. It was amazing how much it usually lifted my spirit when I wrote that kind of stuff out. I think I need to start keeping one again (maybe you should give it a try, too, if you haven't!). Anyway, here's a small list of some things I'm grateful for...
~ Family. (yes, they're numero uno on Crissy's list too). Without them, I would be lost. And that includes the distant ones and the ones I don't have very good communication with. They will always be a part of me, and they are a treasure.
~ My husband. Wait, doesn't he fall under family? No! Well yes, but he's a category all his own. *wink* I won't get all gushy again so soon after my lovey-dovey post about him, but I will say again that he's such a huge part of my life. He's my true soul mate. I love him more than he'll ever know.
~ My kids. Yes, they are their own category too. *wink* They are my little bundles of joy. They are so adorable and cuddly and cute, I could just eat them up...even when they're being stinkers. I love waking up to them every day...hearing them call me 'mommy', and hugging them tight. They are the spark in my heart. I don't know what I'd do without them.
~ Our house. *cough* Well, apartment. It is a BLESSING to live here. We have nice neighbors, a quiet and peaceful (and clean) environment...and a great landlord. I can't believe how insanely different it is here from our old place. It's like night and day. It was a blessing (thank you Heavenly Father!) to find this place when we did and to be able to feel like we finally have a home!
~ MY COMPUTER. Sad, huh? It has allowed me to make and keep friends across LOOONNNG distances in instants, and for me to utilize my artistic talents in ways that would otherwise be impossible or difficult in my current stage of life. It empowers me to get myself out there, and I love that. *smile*
~ Speaking of art..my art! Well, my art and my hands would actually go together. One of my biggest fears is losing the use of my hands. They are as expressive as my face, and with them I can clap, touch, draw, create...and I am as grateful for all of that as I am my creative talents. They all allow me to express my innermost thoughts and feelings. That's important!
~ The Savior. He is my foundation. He has saved me in ways that I thought would be impossible, and at times I was sure I didn't deserve it. He's helped me see the light where there is darkness, and to rise above when I should drown. I could go on forever...I am truly grateful to have a testimony of Him and to truly understand Him and His purpose in our lives.
...I could list things all night long, but I wanted to share just a few. It's better to end things on a good note anyway, right? That might not always be easy to exercise, but better late than never!
(hugs) Take care everyone...and if I don't see you before Saturday, have a great Friday and weekend!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Worried & Grateful
Posted by Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment